Class of 2019 - Graduation Information
- Tuesday May 14 Graduation Announcement & Tickets Distributed
- Wed. May 15, 7pm Spring Concert
- Sunday, May 19 12noon Senior ~ Parent Communion Brunch MUST RSVP by 5/15
- Wed. May 22 Senior Exams
- Friday May 24 No School for Seniors
- Tuesday May 28 Senior Exams
- Wed. May 29 Senior Exams
- Wed. May 29, 5:30pm Senior Class Night
- Thurs. May 30, 7pm Senior Awards Night at St. Elizabeth Seton
- Friday May 31, 9am Graduation/Rehearsal at OLPH Church
- Sunday, June 2, 2pm Baccalaureate Mass ~ Commencement at Assumption Church
Letter to Seniors and Parents from Miss Dennen
Dear Parents and Guardians of Graduating Seniors:
Graduation is a very special time for you and your graduate. As a school community, we are proud of our students who are soon to graduate, and we look forward to sharing memorable moments with them in the coming days. I also ask your cooperation in helping us achieve a smooth and meaningful culmination of the high school experience for the Class of 2019.
Please note the times and dates of the following activities, and keep this letter in an easily accessible place so you and your child may refer to it.
- Our Senior ~ Junior Prom will be held on Friday evening, May 10th at the Flanders Hotel in Ocean City from 6:00 until 10:00 pm. Please note that students may not leave before 9:30 pm. Seniors, Juniors and their dates are required to be in school on the day of the prom, and will be dismissed at 11:05 so they have time to make all necessary preparations.
- The Senior ~ Parent Mass and Communion Breakfast will be held on Sunday, May 19 beginning at noon in the auditorium. This is a wonderful opportunity for us to celebrate with Liturgy and then to share a meal together. The graduate will be our guest and cost for parents is $20.00 each. To make reservations, please use the Eventbrite link on our website home page, email Mara Marczyk at email@example.com or call her at 609-646-3000 ext. 310 no later than May 15.
- The Senior Academic, Activity and Sports Awards will be presented on Thursday evening, May 30th at 7:00 pm at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Absecon. If your son or daughter will be receiving an award he or she will receive an invitation a few days before the awards ceremony. We will celebrate all of our Seniors at Class Night on Wednesday, May 29th from 5:30 – 7:30 pm in the Cafeteria.
- Please provide the Guidance Office a copy of all college acceptance & scholarship award letters. Their awards and colleges will not be included in the award listings if we don't receive them from your son or daughter! The colleges do not provide schools with that information.
- Senior Exams are scheduled for Wednesday, May 22nd, Tuesday, May 28th and Wednesday, May 29th. An exam schedule will be provided to the students by the middle of May. Many of our seniors have earned exam exemptions, and will be notified of their status no later than Friday, May 17th. If a senior has earned an exemption in a specific exam it will not be necessary for him or her to report to school during the scheduled exam session. All seniors are expected to be present in school on Thursday, May 23rd however; they are not required to be present in school on Friday, May 24th.
- On Friday, May 31st, Seniors will have rehearsal for their Baccalaureate Mass ~ Commencement ceremony, and are to report to the Assumption School Gym at 9:15 am. Rehearsal should conclude no later than 12 noon. The students should be dressed appropriately for this rehearsal in church, and may not wear shorts or hats. Attendance at the Baccalaureate ~ Commencement rehearsal is required. Any student who fails to attend this rehearsal forfeits his/her right to participate in graduation (2018-2019 Student/Parent Handbook, pg.25).
- Baccalaureate Mass ~ Commencement will be celebrated at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 2nd at Assumption Church, Galloway. We are honored to have the Most Reverend Dennis J. Sullivan, D.D. as the principal celebrant of the Baccalaureate Liturgy and the presider during the Commencement ceremony. The graduates are asked to report to the Assumption School Gym by 1:00 pm dressed in their academic attire. Seniors are required to be present and their families are invited to join them for this special liturgy. Unfortunately, there are space considerations and those attending Baccalaureate ~ Commencement must have a ticket. Seven tickets are available to each graduate.
- Life Touch Studio Photographers will photograph each graduate as he or she receives his or her diploma from Bishop Sullivan. Please refrain from interfering with this process. In addition, we would like to take a group photograph of alumni parents and graduates. We are asking alumni parents and their graduates to meet in Assumption School Gym at 12:45 pm. Once the picture is taken you will return to the church.
- The Dress Code for Baccalaureate and Graduation: Boys must wear dark dress slacks, dress shirts, ties, dark shoes and socks, be clean shaven, with hair cut above the collar, no earrings; cap and gown as distributed with no additional decoration added. Girls must wear light colored dresses or skirts, white or off-white dress shoes/sandal (no thong sandals or flip flops) simple jewelry, no facial jewelry; cap and gown as distributed with no additional decoration added. No flowers may be carried or corsages worn on the academic gowns. Please be sure gowns are pressed. Students may keep their caps, gowns and tassels.
- Announcements and tickets will be distributed on Tuesday May 14th. Seniors will receive seven (7) tickets. Caps and gowns will be distributed on Thursday, May 23rd. Caps and gowns will be distributed to those who have been cleared academically and financially.
- Credit Completion will be held beginning Monday, May 6th through Thursday, May 23rd from 2:15 – 4:15 pm. Students who are required to attend Credit Completion have already been notified, although others may be notified if their attendance status warrants.
- All tuition payments, the graduation fee ($200.00), and any other financial obligations must be paid by Monday, May 13, 2019, with the exception of those who have an automatic withdrawal by FACTS on May 20. After May 13th, No personal checks will be accepted, and all payments must be made by Cash, Money Order, Certified Check or Credit Card. Any graduating senior whose financial obligations are not met will not receive a cap and gown, and will not be permitted to participate in the Ceremony. There will be no exceptions.
As parents, I’m sure you share my sentiment that our Baccalaureate and Graduation Ceremony is a meaningful and formal occasion. In that spirit, we as an Administration and Faculty will instruct our Seniors about the significance of their graduation, and our expectation that they conduct themselves to the highest standard during the next several weeks. We share this so you know we will do all in our power to ensure that the honorable standards Holy Spirit has maintained for more than 95 years are upheld as we celebrate the Class of 2019.
I look forward to sharing these special times with you. May you and your family, especially the graduate, find peace amid the excitement of these days.
Miss Susan W. Dennen