Sites for Service Opportunities
atlanticare.org – Atlantic City Medical Center (Mainland Division). Service would include greeting visitors at the Information Desks, Patient Ambassador rounds, clerical support such as filing and copying, delivering newspapers to patients, distributing water to patients and assisting with meals, working at the gift shop, and performing for patients and visitors through the Creative Arts and Healing Program. You may also contact Volunteer Services at 609-652-1000, ext. 27600.
– Atlantic County Division of Parks and Recreation. Service would include landscaping, recreation environment, visitor’s assistants and trail management teams.
– Atlantic County 4-H Development Program. Service would include being a leader, after-school volunteers for urban outreach, camp educators and counselors.
– Atlantic Riding Center for the Handicapped Service would include volunteers for riding lessons, managers, special event supporters, gardening help, maintenance and cleaning.
– Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City. Service would include homework helpers, mentors, office assistants, program assistants, special events assistants.
- Faces 4 Autism supports children, teens and adults on the autism spectrum and those who love them. FACES provides autism education and resources to families and educators in the South Jersey area. Contact Isabella Mosca at 609-380-4251
– Caring, Inc. Must be 18 years old. Service would include mealtime aides, attendants to accompany clients on trips, holiday programs.
– Caring Hospice Services Service would include providing a break for caregivers, companionship, pet, art, or music therapy with patients.
Atlantic County Historical Society – 609- 927-5218 Contact: Diane Miller. Service would include library assistants, and museum assistants.
firstname.lastname@example.org South Jersey Field of Dreams. Service would include helping out in the field during games, and working behind the counter at the concession stand.
email@example.com Community Food Bank of New Jersey. Warehouse volunteers assist with a variety of tasks including: sorting and re-packing food items; stocking the shelves with food; helping in the Kathleen’s Closet Thrift Shop; helping assemble fundraising mailings. Volunteer hours are by appointment.
SPIRIT OUTREACH MAKES PB &J SANDWICHES FOR THE HUNGRY
Peanut Butter and Jelly Club is back!
Join us in the HSHS cafeteria every other Wednesday beginning October 24th at 2:15 and help make peanut butter & jelly sandwiches which will be delivered to the Atlantic City Rescue Mission. The Mother's Guild will provide all supplies & snacks. Service hours will be awarded. This is a wonderful opportunity for Freshmen to earn their service hours.